One big update on COVID-19 guideline in Korea!
Only the vaccinated people were exempted from the quarantine, but from June 8, 2022, those who are not vaccinated no longer need to quarantine after arriving at the Incheon International Airport.
✈️ See below for more information.
✔ Before the arrival: need a certificate of negative PCR (RAT*) test result.
*A supervised negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) result is additionally accepted from May 23rd.
– PCR test result needs to be issued within 48 hours prior to the departure date.
– RAT test result needs to be issued within 24 hours prior to the departure date.
– Those who do not hold a certificate of negative PCR test result for COVID-19 shall be restricted from getting on board the aircraft regardless of vaccination status.
– A test result needs to be written in Korean or in English. A translation certificate is necessary if written in other languages.
✔ After the arrival: need to take a PCR test within 3 days.
– Long-stay foreigners are recommended to take a PCR test at a public health center nearby their stay. (for free)
– Short-stay foreigners at the Incheon Airport COVID-19 test center. (own expense)
– The government started to use the Q-CODE system in order to shorten the time for quarantine inspection and be more efficient!
– Q-CODE system users are not required to submit a health status questionnaire or a special quarantine report.
Click on the link below to find out more!
People enjoying a college festival after the government have loosen the social distancing regulations.
✔ No need to wear a mask outside.
*Exceptions : you are required to wear a mask when attending
outdoor rallies, performances, or sports events with more than 50 attendees.
✔ Need to wear a mask inside.
✔ No restrictions on closing hours.
⛑ Helpful websites